My name is LaShanda and I'm currently based in Oakland, CA, but I'm also available for consultations via phone and Skype. I am a Holistic Health Practitioner Certified in Detoxification, Corporate Wellness Instructor, and Raw Food Chef. I have spent the past 3 years educating people and guiding them on their detoxification and healing journeys. You can read more about my personal healing journey here.
A lot of people come to me tired of fad diets and overwhelmed with trying to sift through the latest trends and studies around health and nutrition. They don't want to spend the rest of their life in chronic pain or relying on supplements and pharmaceutical drugs to simply function. They feel disconnected from their food and body. They feel very dis-empowered when it comes to their health, over well-being, and tapping into their body's natural ability to heal itself. They're confused. They want wisdom. They want change. They want to choose a different path.
My passion is reintroducing people to health, vitality, and purpose. So getting the body healthy again is only the first step.
What excites me is when people regain the energy to start checking things off their "bucket list" and spending quality time with the people they love....
What inspires me is seeing people getting excited about life again and reconnecting with their purpose for being on the planet...
What brings me joy is watching the world benefit from people who have come alive again and begin to start sharing their unique gifts and talents with others...
Detoxification is the road to "Wellville" for those willing to travel, but it's also a platform for reconnecting with your true Self and the things that make you feel joy, love, inspiration, and excitement.
More about me...
- Received Detoxification Specialist Certification at the International School of Detoxification and trained under Dr. Robert Morse, N.D, Master Herbalist, author of the book, The Detox Miracle. His knowledge of how to regenerate the body is in such demand that the wait time to schedule an appointment with him is currently 3 months long!
- Presented on "Healing Through Detoxification & Raw Foods" at the 2012 San Francisco Green Festival and shared the stage with leaders of slow food movement including Eric Tucker, the masterful head chef of Millennium Restaurant in San Francisco, CA.
- Health Coach of the Rawality Program in Oakland,CA, created by Michael Bedar, Director of documentary "Simply Raw: Reversing Diabetes in 30 Days"
- Breathwork and Meditation Instructor with the Art of Living Foundation
- Presented on "Relieving Stress & Managing The Mind" at the California Department of Health Wellness Program in Richmond, CA (Sponsored by Blue Shield Blue Cross)
Presented on Iridology at The Be Still Retreat in Oakland, CA hosted by Black Women's Media Project. This retreat focuses on bringing various practices of meditation and self care to African American communities.
- Hosted a raw food workshop at the Long Life Medical Group in Oakland, CA
- Hosted a pop-up dinner in San Francisco, CA with Ayurvedic Chef Nalini Mehta of Route to India. The dinner menu was an innovative combination of raw food and ancient ayurvedic principles.
- Former CPA at Deloitte & Touche and Controller at a private high school in San Francisco, CA
- Masters in Accounting -- B.A. in International Business