The latest reports on Fukushima are worrisome, to say the least. Radioactive water has been steadily leaking into the sea around the damaged Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant ever since it was hit by an earthquake and tsunami in March 2011, and the situation remains unstable. There's controversy around who will be affected by this radiation, the timing, and by how much. But I doubt we'll ever truly understand in our lifetime the harm we're doing to marine life, human life, and the planet as a whole, as we continue our attempts to harness nuclear energy.
Some online articles have warned that our days of eating anything from the Pacific Ocean are over. I use a kelp supplement in my Detox Protocols and in light of recent news reports, several clients expressed concern about the source/quality of the kelp, and whether it came from the Pacific. Luckily, I received a response from the supplement company recently that the source is Norwegian and harvested in very deep waters. But, it's a tragedy that we're polluting our planet to such an extent, that even the amount of clean sources for the things that will heal us and ultimately help our body deal with environmental pollution, are becoming limited.
I've also had some inquires recently about the "Radiation Exposure" herbal formula that I work with. People want to know how to protect themselves and detox any radiation out of their system. Oh, if ever it were that simple. My mentor Dr. Robert Morse makes the formula above and after listing its ingredients (mainly targeted at strengthening the glands and immune system) and effects on the body, this was his final note, for those looking to purchase the tincture:
Always clean and strengthen your body. Nature is designed to eliminate the weak and injured (damaged) no matter what the cause, including radiation.
I've spoken before in previous YouTube videos about how the common perception is to always look at an external force as having power of us, or being out to get us or harm us in some way. We view parasites as invaders of the body, out to do us harm, and we feel powerless from this perspective, especially the more we hear how antibiotics (supposedly our only real "weapon" against these invaders) is starting to work less and less against new strains of bacteria like MSRA.
But after watching my videos (ahem...), you already know that bacteria and fungus are simply Nature's Janitors, and they only gain a foothold and wreak havoc, if the body is ALREADY congested/full of wastes or cells are ALREADY weakened. So as Dr. Morse mentions, it's not we who are the mercy of parasites...or radiation for that matter. We always have the power, at any given moment, to clean out our bodies and strengthen our cells, and that will ultimately determine what effect these outside forces have on our well-being. The power is always in our hands.
A main feature of protecting yourself from radiation is awareness combined with action -- not simply being in reactionary mode and buying a formula online just because it says Radiation Exposure Protection. In addition to purchasing products with certain health benefits, become aware of the current health levels of your cells. Take the thyroid gland for example. The thyroid is one of the glands that is most sensitive and most at risk for radiation exposure.
Do you know the current health level of your thyroid gland?
Do you know what symptoms to look for when it starts under-functioning?
Did you know that it's estimated that up to 90% of the American population has un-diagnosed hypothyroidism.? It's an epidemic and the primary cause is fluoride in our water, dental products, and lack of iodine. But that's a separate topic to discuss on an upcoming blog article.
And that feeling of tiredness you're experiencing that's often covered up with coffee, sugary snacks, or Red Bull? Well that's a sign that your glands are already weak and not giving you natural energy you need.
And what about that "summer cold" (not to mention those winter cold and flus)?? Those are actually signs that your body is filled to the gills with wastes that are limiting the ability of your cells to do their job in your body. Basically, Disneyland for the parasitic kingdom.
Radiation exposure will affect people different differently. And while proximity of exposure is a huge factor, it's not always about good genes vs. bad genes. It's about healthy cells vs. unhealthy cells. And it's also about a clean body vs. a toxic body. A lot of these external forces show up and shed light on the true condition inside of our body, that was present already before being exposed to the degenerative effects of radiation.
My Tips on Detoxing in the Age of Fukushima:
1. Detoxing your body on a regular basis is now mandatory -- not optional. Making detoxification a central focus of your lifestyle is just as important as eating better, exercising, and stress reduction. It is essential to health and longevity, in a world filled with crazy amounts of toxins.
2. Work with a health practitioner (bonus if they're trained in detoxification) who is skilled in understanding body symptomology and who can help you understand the current health levels of your organs and glands without undergoing invasive medical procedures. I discuss this type of information in my Detoxification Consultations which also includes an iris analysis. During an iris analysis, the patterns and colors of your eye will tell you which cells in your body are weak and congested.
3. Become more aware of where your food and supplements come from. Ask questions of the folks who sell food to you and your family. Limit the amount of seafood in your diet sources from known areas of significant radiation exposure.
4. Measure your basal temperatures (with a glass thermometer for best results). These temperature readings will oftentimes give you a better sense of your thyroid function than blood tests, as the thyroid regulates body temperature. This is very important. Most likely, at this very moment, I bet that you can name one or more people in your life that have issues with their thyroid gland or who have been on thyroid medications for most of their life. A weak thyroid is no match for significant radiation exposure, and thyroid medications do nothing to strengthen the thyroid gland -- they only control symptoms.
4. Learn the secrets of how the body heals and regenerates itself. Proactively work on cleaning out your body and using diet, herbs, supplements, etc. to strengthen every area of your body, especially your glands, main detox organs, and areas where you already know you have weaknesses. Don't wait till you're in crisis mode to start regenerating your body. In crisis mode, people often make decisions based on fear, not what's best for their health in the long run. Make decisions from a space of power, not a space of fear.
LaShanda Greene is a Holistic Health Practitioner Certified in Detoxification and has spent the past 3 years educating people and guiding them on their detoxification and healing journeys. She routinely offer easy to understand wisdom about how the body works, how the body heals, and the process of detoxification. She is based in Oakland, California, but consults with clients located in all parts of the world.